10 Simple Self Care Tips For Empaths and Highly Sensitive People for 2015!
Updated: January 18, 2015
Dearest sparkling light in the world—You,
This week we enter the first mercury retrograde cycle of 2015 ( Jan 21) which is a perfect time to retrace your steps and have a look at some of the ways in which you need to reaffirm your self care.
I posted an article/quiz on my public FaceBook page that I found particularly accurate on describing the traits of empaths, or highly sensitive intuitive people. I didn’t expect much action on it as people tend to share my daily universal card reading but rarely pass on other things. At this writing 40,000 people saw it (and climbing) and over 500 people shared it so far which tells me there are a lot of people in my tribe who identified with this.
I am teaching one of my favorite classes right now called Weight Release Energetix® Lite geared to sensitive people who typically end up with me as a last house on the road when diets and cleanses and other programs don’t work for them, or who suffer fatigue as a symptom, and end up isolating because the world can overwhelming etc. I’ve created protocols that I share in the class that work. I offer this every year (this is year 8) because I had to learn how to manage these myself and they work.
Bottom line is that intuitive people can suffer if they don’t have tools to manage their boundaries and feelings. (and they can also find it hard to release excess body weight, manage fatigue etc. but that’s another story)
So I wanted to offer up some simple easy to follow tips especially since we’re about to enter into the first mercury retrograde phase of 2015 which empaths in particular need help navigating.
First off here is the article from the website to see if you relate. It’s pretty much the best one I’ve run across so if you’re curious you should answer the 30 questions. ( I got 28 out of 30) http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/30-traits-of-empath.html
So here are 10 simple self- care tips for the upcoming retrograde (which work all the time)
1. Meditate on gratitude every day for min 20 mins. (this focus releases feel good hormones that counter balance the stress hormones that our bodies are addicted to)
2. Get enough sleep (if you’re tired it’s harder to set calm boundaries)
3. Manage media exposure (limit the news since you will feel
like it’s all happening to you. If you have to immerse yourself in world events you should counter balance it by watching videos of cute cats and puppies, or other things that make you smile, laugh or be happy – yes I am perfectly serious)
4. Stay as local as you can. (when you start to feel overwhelmed deal only with your immediate surroundings. And ask “ Is this now, in front of me or am I tuned into something else?”
5. De-clutter your surroundings. (remove all chatty objects that remind you of unresolved emotional stories)
6. No Drama (curtail conversations with gossipy friends, people who dump on you, and do not do it yourself to others it will just make you feel worse and escalate the overwhelm)
7. Ask yourself when you begin to feel too much empathy, or get super tired or overwhelmed “ Is this mine?” (if the answer is no, and 9 times out of 10 it will be NO, it means you’re identifying with the emotional energy of others. Just by identifying if you’re tuned in diminishes the impact considerably.
8. Learn to say No (many empathic people fear reprisal if they say no, or feel like they are not worthy of refusing to take on the burden of the world’s energy- many of us want to fix it and/or completely bolt at the same time. You are worthy of self care)
9. Go outside (I get it- if it’s winter and going for a walk outside is the last thing you want to do- bundle up and do it anyway. Unless you’re Down Under in which case this will be easy so go barefoot in the grass. It’s been proven that being out in nature is healing and grounding. Even 10 minutes a day walking and being grateful will keep you sane)
10. Lighten up- Make sharing joy and laughter a daily practice. (laughter also reduces the stress hormones commonly associated with empathy overwhelm. Find the ridiculousness of life, share the cute and funny, heartwarming and silly. You will be so much better at managing your sensitivity)
These seem simple but for highly sensitive people they work to keep us balanced so we can release the weight of the world and manage our days with happiness, grace, and peace.
Ps If you want to learn profound techniques and protocols for managing empathy have a look at my online class WRE Lite. It works!
With love and laughter,
UNIVERSAL ENERGIES VLOG