Spirit Animals Choose You (not the other way around!)

Have you ever noticed a specific animal, bird, insect or fish that shows up for you in an uncanny way, perhaps even more than once when you’re in a dilemma or looking for confirmation about something?

Most of us were never taught that we share our environment with Nature’s oracles (other sentient beings). Actually most of us never even knew what an oracle was since it’s deemed taboo by some! That said, I was lucky that my Scottish nanny Mrs. Kelly brought me the gift of this sacred knowledge when I was little. I learned to pay attention to what happened in my backyard and she pointed out when we went to church the halos around the saints were the same as the ones I was seeing around the bees and dragonflies and our pet raccoon Petunia. All life was sacred and magical to Mrs. Kelly, and she reminded me that the comings and goings of animals were signs from Spirit.

That said sometimes a dog is just a dog, or a skunk just a skunk. But there are those moments when, in a flash of energy, you just know somehow that the appearance of an animal is meant to bring you a message. It’s built into our intuitive systems to tune into the language of Spirit Animals naturally. Example, a Spirit Animal is the presiding spirit of not just one dragonfly but all dragonflies, and contain the symbolic meaning of the essence of Dragonfly. This is not some anthropomorphic new age gobbledygook. Over thousands of years we’ve assigned meaning to these encounters, and in cultures around the world, there is an accepted language about these sightings and their significance.

I was also taught that we were not the ones to choose which animal was significant to us but that the Spirit Animal would choose us. I have had three choose me in my lifetime. A few years ago when I was in Thunder Bay Ontario having just previously decided on a more mainstream approach to my intuitive work, the event I spoke at completely changed my life as mediumship became undeniable as a result of that amazing event. The next morning I was doing a reading for the promoter in my hotel room, and 3 giant ravens came to the window. We were both in awe as the krrrrk krrrk krrrrk of them, and the tapping on the window was the exact sign I needed -magic and synchronicity showed up as I talked with her about going back to the woo world I belonged in.

This summer as I was really planning to move my world forward and let go of some patterns I was engaging in that weren’t helpful Grasshopper Spirit showed up daily. I never noticed grasshoppers like this before. It was pretty funny actually because I was really being pushed to move forward and let the past go in very obvious ways. I can’t tell you how many times a grasshopper landed in my hair, or on my arm or in my purse when I was contemplating what I needed to change.

Then there was the time when I was teaching at the Omega Institute and dealing with the potential of a significant loss, and a groundhog (representing the need to let something die) came right up to me in front of my friends and nipped my big toe. Talk about a Spirit Animal being really obvious and making a personal point! The significance of that was so important to me at the time.

So perhaps you’ve had a special relationship with a Spirit Animal too. Has a special kind of bird picked you to sing to, or another creature? I’d love for you to share that story of how your path was crossed and you knew there was a message for you to discover.

You can also try out my latest deck, The Spirit Animal Oracle, and see which animal chooses you to give you love and guidance today.

Anything is possible when you open your connection to the Universe

WEEKLY ORACLE CARD GUIDANCE AND LESSON

Showing 93 comments
  • Jennifer

My most recent experience of fully appreciating the spirits of the animals around us was just the other day when I was looking out my window. There are always birds outside my window, but I’d never seen anything quite like this. A beautiful pair of woodpeckers were foraging in my front yard–on the ground!. An unusual sight, so I watched them for a while, and as I did, it was as if my entire front yard became a snowglobe of birds of all colors and varieties. The woodpecker pair continued to forage in the grass, while bluejays, yellow meadowlarks, bright red cardinals, and other birds swooped back and forth behind them. It was definitely something special.

I think my favorite experience of being visited by spirit animals was a period of time I went through that began with the most wonderful dream that I was a either a young fox kit or a coyote pup. I wasn’t sure which I was in the dream, but I will never forget how real it felt to run without abandon through the praire grass. In the two weeks that followed that dream, I saw (at different times) three coyotes and three foxes (two showed up as a pair). The coyotes just crossed my path, but the foxes all turned and looked directly at me. During the time these animals were coming to me, my recurring tarot card was the Seven of Swords! It was a time rich with meaning.

• Colette Baron-Reid

amazing

• Nicole

For me mostly cats, horses, snakes and butterflies. I’m very afraid of snakes ( though my chinese sunsign by the way is the Snake ;-)), but they’ve shown up in many colors, shapes, seasons and circumstances. Sometimes I’ve felt as if they were oddly “attracted” to me. Other people living in the same places I do, tell me they’ve never seen one…. and it’s full of them. What can I say… I’m horrified ( especially since I got my little very curious dog who’s already got bitten by one-but thank god survived), but I do see their grace and beauty.

• Anonymous

When we moved into our new home We had a white skunk, a white squirrel, and a white owl visit . No one believed me until one day my daughter said mom,look a white squirrel…..well I said no s..t Sherlock I have been telling you for months. Then another daughter saw the white skunk. It seemed after everyone saw them they disappeared. However, I love nature and have my cardinals, blue jays humming birds, butterfly’s visit everyday and have lots of “ stories” . Just the other day a beautiful brown owl with an orange chest landed on my fence. I also have eagles visit on occasion. ( they nest on the river which is close by). Thank you for all your cards. I enjoy them . I am still learning! And love the way you share your knowledge.

• Virginia

I’m anonymous! Sorry I goofed again!

• Chloe'

What is beautiful to me? Nature and the creatures in nature. I have always had a connection with nature since a child…. Just loved the outdoors and still do. This summer I had the chance to touch a monarch butterfly for the first time that was setting on our flowers. It surprised me and made me cry because I love butterflies! The other animal I connected with this summer was the squirrel in the park. I’d take my morning walk in nature then after, feed them Brazil nuts… had the chance to record my connection with the squirrels. I can talk all day about mother earth’s creations, but I hope to find out my Spirit animals. Seems like I am connected to many. I am looking forward to working with yourAnimal Spirit Deck

• Sharryl Starmer

When I got the attunment in level one audio for Reiki the teacher and a friend at the back of the room saw a wolf jump into me. They told me and I was scared at first until they said that the wolf spirit was a teacher, I guess to help me! This was many years ago and that’s how it all started for me. I took every course she taught and she said I would teach! Me I thought? So I have taken many classes worked on people and horses and I taught which not many could do. Now I want to serve as a medium as I saw a lot when working on people and their loved ones came and I gave them messages like a medium. When it comes to spirit I can’t get enough!

• Laurie

I very much rely on messages from animals/insects/sea creatures to guide me. We have a creek I go to daily to meditate and pray and this year we had a few otters show up – they only showed up a few times and only when I was needing joy in my life and knew without doubt they were there to get me back in touch with my inner child. I’ve also had butterflies come and land on my arm when I was praying and asking for an answer to specific questions and one day when I was looking for guidance about making an extreme shift in my life, I had a crane fly directly over my head – only a few feet above me. Very unusual and I knew it was telling me to go ahead. Also, when I was thinking about Oracle School, three crows landed on a branch above me, chatting away and I simply knew they were telling me to go ahead with it. Anyway, many more animals guide me, especially turtles and I couldn’t imagine life without their support. I am beyond thrilled with this deck!!

• Athena

I have always felt connected to spirit through animals. Today I asked which spirit animals are with me & I received the bee, lion and eagle. What a blessing ! Will be getting your cards asap.

• Diana

Chickadees, chipmunks and most recently chickens! What’s with the “ch” prefixes? I just noticed that 🙂 Something good to meditate on. I love the playful community spirit of the chickadee; I respect the diligence of chipmunk food gathering and found peace in the warmth of chicken as I held one in my arms.

• Deborah Tibbetts-Tumiel

This is so true & beautiful & why I LOVE this deck SO Much !!!
    Just this past week I took my Cassie’s (my oldest dog fur baby) advice of her sitting by my front door for two days before Hurricane Michael, arrived & that morning loaded my three fur babies up (Cassie, Odie & Oracle (named after your Oracle School & cards) and left town just in the nick Of time …literally !!! I’m happy to say we are alive & well, living temporarily at my Son’s, apt. In Jacksonville, awaiting to go back home.
    And Thank You, so Much for your vision of me having a “blow out” !!!
    Animals, are little Earth Angels & tell us plenty, if we are willing to listen🤗
    Love You, Colette😘❤️

• Jacqueline

I was working outside in a gardener when I found what I that was a baby mole. In a pot I knocked over … put in pocket to keep warm n gonna bring in house later… we’ll i continued my clean up n raking all of a sudden a mouse showdown up at my feet n stood up n was squeaking at me I finally realized it was her baby.. I put down n she grabbed n brought it to a thicket then she came out again . There were other baby’s I had to go find n give them to her after finding a total of four she came out n thanked me and went on her way …. that really wouldn’t count would it

• barbara Techel

I had a very powerful and profound healing from Snake. An animal, while I didn’t fear, I really didn’t enjoy seeing photos of and would look the other way.
    Snake truly helped me to begin the process of shedding my skin and releasing a painful wound I’d held onto for over 25 years. So powerful it was, my story will be in a book coming out next year along with other’s who have had healing’s from snake also.
    I have such respect for snake now and truly am honored that snake chose me to help me heal in a way I could have never imagined. It was potent!! 🙂
    I’m truly enjoying your Spirit Animal Card Deck, Colette! Dog Spirit was a card I recently received and it touched me deeply.
    Thank you for your beautiful work in the world! XO

• Barbara Techel

Big P.S.! Just after I posted my comment about my Snake healing, what is the first photo I see on Facebook on my timeline?! Yup, you can’t make this stuff up – a Snake with it’s mouth wide open…which is EXACTLY what Snake helped me to do and give VOICE to a deep wound.

• Anonymous

We have squirrels, garden cats, chickadees and even HAWKS that allow us to approach them! I can’t believe how tame and unafraid they are, ESPECIALLY the hawks! And in reading your blog….I had an AHA moment! I can always look up an animal in your guidebook to see the meaning…DAH…lol

• Rolene

This is incredible. I have always felt the Owl was my spirit animal and guess what I drew…….THE OWL!!!!!!!!!!! Woooot! I love this!!! Can you please add this deck to the others that we can visit everyday. Thank you for this tremendous creation.

• Anonymous

As I was reading I was reminded of the abundance of cardinal sightings from time to time (as well as dragonfly visits) that seem to come in clusters. As I was reading the last paragraph, my computer let me know I received a promotional email from a local business called….Cardinal Heating.

• Maria L Park

Ever since I started reading the Tarot, crows have gathered around me. They caw loudly and get down at eye level to make sure I’m listening. I love their fierceness.

• Sylvia

I dont know if its the job im doing but the crows keep calling and appearing and then in a day 3 ladybirds landed on me or near me. I feel conbected to them but dont understand messages so your cards will be great.

• Miranda

Magpies for me. I know some might consider that a superstition, but when a single one showed up just before I received news my physics teachers had committed suicide, I have believed them ever since. I consider it spirits way of guiding me – as they know it is one I recognise and note.

• Donna Doble-Brown

My Mother died suddenly, the third significant death for me in 9 months time. My first day back to work was understandably hard. I came home and my husband (who ALWAYS worked until 8:30 at night) was home and said I’ve been waiting to show you this! On our kitchen window above our sink was the most beautiful irredescent dragon fly I’d ever seen! Immediately I thought that’s Mom . . . Then my brain took over and I thought no way . . I’m loosing it . . . It stayed for at least 20 mins . . . Letting me know she was ok. Two days later I went to grab some lunch to go which I never did . . . I get out of the car on a busy 4 lane road . . Go up 3 concrete steps to the restaurant and sitting there perfectly still was a praying mantis in the prayer pose! Now THAT one freaked me out a little . . . But I wished I’d had the presence of mind both times to snap a picture . . . . . To this day it still is amazing to me and I have no double it was my Mom each time💗

• Kathy McGovern

I too have worked with animal spirits for many years and they truly are amazing. My introduction was through Native American teachings. The animals have so much to teach us and they help us on our journey. Great to see you have brought their magic to life. Love, light and blessings 💜✨🙏🌀

• Pam

This may sound weird, but I want to get a tattoo. Not a large one or anything like that. I have always believed, based what I feel in my persona that my spirit animal is the armadillo…tough outer that also is meant to protect a very soft and overly sensitive vulnerable under-belly.
    I also seem to draw the starfish the seahorse, sea turtle and the fox…I get very confused.
    warmest regards to you Colette

• Elizabeth

Spirit communicates to me all the time through animals! Once recently a tiny bird hit the window. While I was giving it some Reiki ( it flew away eventually) a dragonfly hit the window in the same spot ( This window was open btw and not immaculately clean!) So yes, I got the message! My best animal message happened in a dream. A large branch of a tree came down towards me and what I first thought was a large black puppy started down the branch to me and jumped into my arms. My companion said, ” That’s not a puppy, that’s a Mellanistic jaguar.”( black panther) And indeed it was. I also knew immediately that this jaguar was me, that I was a rare, powerful animal but still a baby in using my power.

• Michele Drzewiecki

While digging the grave for my beloved dog Teddy, I kept watching a white moth fly around us. Once we put him down, and buried, the moth came back, with a friend. See, we had another dog, who was his play mate, who was already on the other side. We got to watch these moths flit around, playing almost….after a bit the white moths left, and a black moth came by. A couple of weeks later, as I was walking around in my yard, feeling sad, missing my boy, I noticed a black moth flying around me. I sat and watched it for a while, talking to it, as if it was my boy Teddy. It came up to me, and landed on my hand, and then it bit me! Just a little sting, but I got it, I needed to let him go, and move on, he was fine…..I have a lot of fond memories of him, and watch for the white moths, and remember my past pets when I see two flitting by.

• Mo Rogers

Ever since I was 8, Squirrel has been a constant one of my spirit animals. I was riding my bike, saw one in a yard, got off and went over to pet it, it let me and we looked in each others eyes for a bit and it gently nipped me and we parted. Although, it has become a funny story in the family as they have morphed it into a squirrel flew out of the tree and landed on my handle bars and bit me. It doesn’t matter. I know the connection that was made that day. 🔮

• Roberta

As a child of 8, my mother encouraged me to go outside in the winter beneath a bird feeder, pit some seed in my hands, hold them palm up open to whatever was feeding. We had just moved, winter and all. A chickadee landed on the tips of my hands and ever so gently proceeded to nourish itself. When it flew away it was singing to notify the rest of the flock it was safe to come feed, they were welcome and among people who would nurture them.
    That spring I was working to wash dishes when I felt I was being stared at. As we lived literally in a wooded area, I looked straight out the window above and saw 3 raccoons busily clearing the failed base of strawberry candy from the ferns, they were earnestly sharing and it took about 10 minutes for them to finish their treat. Never told my mother that I failed to perfect Strawberry Fudge as waste was something you didn’t do with food, so to me it wasn’t wasted as the raccoons who continued to visit and bring their kids(kin) would return for as many years as we lived on the property.

• Sherry

I’ve recently seen so many turtles. In many places I walk and hike. Most recently, I was driving in the country, far from where I would expect to see a turtle. As I was driving down the country road, in the distance I saw something large crossing the road. I slowed down to allow for it to cross. As I got closer, I thought it was an armadillo (I live in Texas) :). However, it was a very large turtle persevere in making his way across the road. Shocked, I stopped and watched him finish his trek across the asphalt and into the tall grass on the other side. I am going through significant changes in my life as well as significant growth in Spirit. I believe the Turtle is Spirit’s way of reaffirming my understanding that my current journey is one of steady perseverance, focus on truth and wisdom and to stop when things get crazy and focus within. So grateful for Spirit’s nudges and encouragement!

• Kumiko

I just experienced a Spirit animal visit yesterday. I noticed awhile back ago that something was digging a hole right by our front porch. As I was going to take a walk, something urged me to look at the hole. I saw a large frog/toad perching out of the whole. I left him there and went walking. During the walk, something told me to check the meaning of the animal spirit. It meant cleansing and transformation. Lately I have felt energy shifting for me and my family. This visit confirmed me the feeling and everything is going to be fine after all.

• Andrea

In March 2011 my close friend that I had known since high school died of cancer at age 48. The Beatles were top on his music list, and he had quickly succumbed to cancer before we got a chance to look at some Beatles videos together.

In Feb 2012 I was reminded of the Beatles’ anniversary on the Ed Sullivan Show. I had planned to watch the videos that weekend, but things got busy, then completely forgot about it until I got a reminder later that month.

My home is fairly new and clean – never saw any bugs except for the rare spider. However for four days in a row, a very prominent beetle appeared on the same spot on my desk. I discarded each one in case there was an infestation, not wanting to hurt them, but knowing they would not return.

It was only after seeing the fourth beetle and thinking, wow, that’s four beetles…what could it mean? that I realized it meant the “four Beatles”. Someone was getting impatient! So I put on the videos on that evening.

It’s been 6 years since then, and aside from the rare spider I never saw any other insects indoors again.

• Judith Robuliak

Ohhh so many animal spirit stories… The one that wants to be told was a red fox. I was living in a cabin on the edge of the forest in a provincial park in Manitoba. It was winter. For months I would have fleeting sightings of the red fox. He always seemed to be on his way to somewhere; pausing, assessing, moving on. Then he started bringing his caught meals to the back yard to dine on. He seemed comfortable sharing his outdoor world. Spring arrived and my time with the forest was moving to closure. Only days away from leaving, in the light of mid -day, I noticed my fox visitor on the back portion of my wrap around deck. He was lifting his leg and taking a pee on a deck post. Moments later he appeared at the front entrance peeing on a post at the top of the steps. I thought he had to have sensed me on the other side of the door. How long would he stay? I was gazing at him through the glass insert in the door as he leaned against the door and we were eye to eye. Would he move? My camera was close by. Without relinquishing my being present in the moment, I was able to receive wonderful close up images of my red fox; his knowing and expressive eyes remains with me to this day. I came to understand his peeing was marking his territory. I felt I had been adopted into the fox family. From the fox family I am learning Trust.

I have since had a number of closeup and personal red fox experiences. Each time, I am brought back to the feeling I had while watching my red fox in the forest and those steely expressive eyes. Fox Spirit: trusting a remembering messenger of pausing, assessing and moving on.

…My Spirit Animal cards arrive today!!!

• Shilpa

I have had bees persistently in my apartment. Then spiders making a home in my car’s mirror and walk around my apartment like kings!! The latest has been a green grasshopper who returns every few days into my kitchen and on my car. So about letting go of things and changes- if that is not a blatant siren in my face. I don’t know how and what I am still not aware. Need to meditate, journal and pull my cards xx

• Colette Baron-Reid

bees are good luck after hard work, spiders about creativity and co-creation and grasshoppers are about forward motion! all good

• Sabrina

Amazing that you’re posting about spirit animals today… I’ve just seen a black cat while I was pretty preoccupied by my mom’s health, and some legal stuff I have to deal with after my dad’s death… So y first thought was that it was some kind of ominous prediction, as black cats are usually seen as ominous signs…
    And the 1st card I picked after reading your post, is the cat spirit… I don’t know what to think then! Do you see black cats as ominous signs?

• Colette Baron-Reid

not at all they are signs about learning to be independent and not codependent

• Sabrina

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I’m following you from France, working with the oracle cards, and will definitely buy the spirit animal cards. It helps a lot… Thanks so much for what you’re doing, you’re amazing 🙂

• LILIAN HULF

I like your new card deck Collette! I find myself surrounded by neighbouring barking dogs….any thoughts on that? I have tried to connect and ask them what it is that I am missing, but I have not been successful…..

• Rani

I drew Spider Spirit, which is a lovely card. As Autumn draws in our garden has been full of spiders weaving their webs. They are by the door and hang from the washing line. I kept bumping into their webs as though they were trying to draw my attention! So I guess they had something to say to me!

• Darlee

My post in Oracle School this week, AFTER I recovered from the dragon incident, trying to write and rewrite what I would submit. And wondering if I’d ever get it condensed and with an appropriate attitude. I decided to take a break from it. And not to long afterward, looking out the kitchen window; saw a large bird fly back and forth twice before going out of sight. And I knew I could go back and finish my post. It was either a golden eagle or a hawk, both are similar in color, so not sure which it was. Birds and butterflies have always brought a real comfort for me.

• Patty Leonard

A few days ago my son lost his best friend Huxley, he was 14 years old, the two of them were so close, he had gotten a job in Germany then France and recenly Portugal, of course his dog was with him even insisting to bring him to work each day. A long story short he was walking his dog and was hit by a car and died. My sons blaming himself and I’m so afraid this will effect him for the rest of his life. I also am grieving the loss as if I’m feeling my sons pain. The strange thing is that a few days after this happened you posted the card for that day of a dog that looked just like Huxley, and he was running in a field…it was so beautiful as if to say I’m here I love you

• Maryellen Smith

Quite a few years ago, I was canoeing in a river in NC with some friends. Someone started a conversation saying: If you were an animal, what animal would you be? I said: “I’d be an otter because they always seem to be having fun.” No sooner than I said that, a river otter poked his head out of the water near the dock. He looked around like a periscope. Then, he went under water again. Everyone was amazed! Such fun!

• Anonymous

2 Humingbirds adopted me. My spirit animals are a Jaguar, Bear,
    Wolf, Turtle, Dolphin and an Owl.

• Jerry Gardner

I have always been aware of Cardinals. they used to sit on the wire or in the trees at my old house. When I moved to a new place I hadn’t seen them but could hear them. Last year I was in Lake of the Ozarks Missouri sitting on the deck and a Cardinal landed about 10 feet away from me. I felt like it was my Dad, who passed away about 20 years ago. Then the thought came to me that my Dad was a huge St Louis Cardinals fan. That blew my mind a little. Recently Goldfinches have taken the place of the Cardinal.

• Laura Wynnychuk

This reading really spoke to me. I just left my full-time office job of 21 years. Pension offered, I accepted. And after quite a while of guides nudging me to make the move, lots of possibilities for healing practices, I’m in a gentle transition-looking after appointments I’ve been putting off, visiting, and babysitting a beagle. He definitely lets me know when it’s time to play. Snakes show up for me often in dreams. I know they’re a powerful energy, but they absolutely terrify me. After a deep calming breath, I can now start to figure out the message. Many times, it’s issues to be dealt with. Sometimes it’s a teacher appearing with a lesson. Other times, something really is seriously off and needs to be dealt with. For a while, my guides were appearing as snakes. We had a little chat, and I asked them not to do that because of the fear. The next dream was a cartoon snake with big, googly eyes and a smile. The snake today is a very different version from what I’ve seen before and fits my life perfectly right now. Old skin shed (already donated some of the office clothes) and a new skin growing. Thanks!

• Diana

Ever since my mom died when I was 29, I have noticed mourning doves practically stalking me. They remind me of the peaceful visits my grandmother and I made to the cemetery when I was a child. Their coo cooing has always been such a comforting sound for me. Fast forward twenty years when a tragic freak vet accident caused the death of my beloved cat Cashmere, and just before he died, two mourning doves landed in my bedroom window….. that had never happened before. I just knew it was my mom and grandma coming to take him to his peaceful afterlife. I’d give anything to hold him once more and hear his purr. It took me two years of grief before I opened up and found Bojangles, another cat….and much as I love him…. he is just a cat and makes me earn every bit of attention from him. My old cat, Cashmere, loved me more than I’ve ever been loved….. he never would have left me if not for the vets incompetence. I read and re read Rainbow Bridge, waiting for the day we will meet again. Until then, I pamper the one I have and occasionally catch a familiar mannerism and ask him if he is Cashmere…. to which he replies with arrogance and entitlement, “ what should I let you serve me for dinner?”. We are so blessed to have animals …. if only our species would appreciate, nurture and be more humane and loving to them. God bless the innocent animals and protect them from the evils of this world.

• Anonymous

I have horses and cats in person that comfort me all the time and are my best buddies in life. In the dreamtime, raven presented himself by bumping me on the forehead twice very specifically to get my attention. White lion showed up in another dream and took my hand in his mouth to lead me somewhere. Black jaguar has been with me since my magical kid years. Eagle landed on my head in the dreamtime. Bear showed up and shapeshifted into a female to talk to me in the dreamtime and then shapeshifted back into playful bear. Lots of activity in the dreamtime. In real life, my martial arts teacher made his transition after a battle with cancer. A few days later, a butterfly literally landed on my finger in my backyard and stayed there looking straight at me for a good 10-15 minutes. I just knew this was my teacher/friend making contact. Several years ago while living in Estes Park, Colorado, I helped release a baby elf caught in the bobbed wired fence to follow Mom who had jumped it. Mom allowed me to approach her baby and help it. Once I got the baby elk released with no damage to it’s leg, Mom gave me direct contact of love and thanks before scampering off with your baby. Wow, I was in tears!!! Very profound. Yes, magic is all around us. Thank the Goddess.

• Stacy

A few years ago a friend and I were walking by the lakefront and there were lots of dragonflies flying around. One landed on my stomach. I looked down at it and it looked back at me as if it could see through my soul. It was uncanny.
    Fast forward and here I am in OS in Dragonfly House.

• Linda Lightfoot

I have horses and cats in my life that comfort me all the time in person. I have black jaguar with me in spirit since early childhood. Lots of dreamtime friends have shown up: Eagle landed on my head, raven head-butted me to get my attention, white lion took my hand in its mouth to lead me somewhere, snake with it’s extreme force/energy has showed up several times, hawk and owl are always near. Bear shapeshifted into a female to speak with me in dreamtime and then shapeshifted back into bear. In real life, I had the great honor of rescuing a baby elk caught in the fence line that it’s mother had jumped. Mom allowed me to approach and release the baby’s leg from twisted wire. Once done, Mom gave me a direct eye contact of love and thankfulness that brought me to tears. Such a powerful moment while living up in Estes Park, Colorado. Later, lost my martial arts teacher/friend to cancer. A few days later, a butterfly landed on my finger and stayed there for over 10 minutes looking directly at me. I know this was his spirit making contact. Yes, magic is everywhere. Thank the Goddess!!!

• Kate

Hi Colette — I’ve had wonderful & inspiring signs from spirit animals for years, and I love your new deck because it honors animals as powerful beings with messages for us.

A few years back a turkey vulture landed in front of our suburban houseI’d never seen one before. At first, looking out the window, I thought a plane had swooped too low because the vulture’s wingspan is ENORMOUS! I watched it devour the remains of a squirrel hit by a car. I read up on turkey vultures and learned that they are nothing like the cartoon image of a vulture — this breed rarely ever kills but mostly feeds only on what is already dead. While not considered “beautiful” because of its’ bald turkey-like head, its’ huge wingspan allows it to fly on thermals so they rarely have to flap their wings. It hit me that the message for me was to stop working so hard and go with the flow. It also led me to re-evaluate negative feelings I’ve held about my own physical appearance — that maybe there is beauty in me I haven’t acknowledged just because I bought into what the world says is ugly or beautiful. I haven’t seen a turkey vulture since but it has remained with me as a powerful guide. Much love to you, Colette!

• Kinene

One day when i was going to work a bird which similar to eagle came frying on my back and kicked me in the top of my head and went back frying, meaningthat am on the right path and the light always watching out for me. One day when i was walking i saw a feather of a bird which in blue color, my higher self told me to pick it, i picked and i put it in my travelers bag in few days at my home, i saw the same exactly birds in the top of the overcado tree which is similar to the same feather which i picked last time, meaning that my guides Engels always with me.

• V

Very accurate
    Blessings to you thank you
    Had my3rd confirmation 😉🙏❤️

• Tiffany

Ravens have always held special meaning for me. We have a Raven, whom I’ve named Cornelias that lives at our house. 5 years ago when I was pregnant with our first son we moved in early to our unfinished house from my in laws basement 2 weeks before he was due. Cornelias came every night and perched on our front porch. We live in the Yukon in northern Canada in the woods and this is fairly uncommon. He came night after night and in sure that it was my husband’s grandfather, who chose our son and whom we’ve honoured with using his name as our sons middle name. Last summer my father passed away from cancer. That night a raven came and landed on our back porch directly behind the couch I was sitting on. I went outside and he looked at me, hopped down the railing, flew to the roof, walked to the peak, pooped and then flew away. This was my dad and he was free and letting me know to lighten up- all was well. This summer we spread my dads ashes at our cabin. As we were preparing for friends and family to come a bald eagle landed on the beach in front of us and stayed for an hour. This is also very rare for the location. After we alread his ashes he bro the lake we turned to walk back up the beach to the cabin and a raven swooped I n front of us and flew leading the way back. He stayed mainly overhead of my stepmom whom I’m sure he was trying to comfort. Thank you for sharing your post❤️

• Michelle Mulnix

Encountered a raven in Sedona. My travel companion was taunting it, and being an ass. As l talked to the raven, he calmed down and cooed back at me. It was a warning that her energy was caustic, and selfish…. The next day at the stupa l walked a different path there to take a breather from her… On this path l made eye contact with a graceful mountain lion in the wash. Amazed and scared shitless, l honored it’s strength and power and bolted the other way!! 😀 As it ended up, l dumped the companion and enjoyed the REST of the trip!! Love you dearly!!

• Kathryn

My most recent was a garner snake going across my feet out side. Then the garner snake ended up in my bathroom closet. I opened the door & there he was on the floor. I decided to leave the door opened & asked him to leave the house & go back outside. Then someone noticed I was wearing a snakeskin blouse that I had never thought about it looking like snakeskin. Sure enough it was snakeskin. That all happened in a matter of days. The snake brought to my attention that I am going through transformation & to rest & heal. That’s when I came to find Oracle cards & you, Colette & continue to transform. Thank you snake.

• Abbie

Many times, I’ll have a hawk that circles me, while driving in different parts of my area, and also when Im outside. Just 2 weeks ago, a young Sharp-Shinned Hawk was in my backyard, and then hopped right towards me, as I was cooing sweet words to him…I even got a video, which i dont often do. I felt very honored and graced by him! Although I wasn’t consciously praying, it eems like the universe is trying to tell me something!

• Anonymous

For many years I had mourning doves coming to my deck always a pair. They would come mate and just generally hang out. They would come every year. Last year I moved and I thought I might never see them again, but they came back this spring and summer and this time with friends! I have always kind of felt that they were watching over me somehow, checking on me, or sending a message although I do not know what it is.

• Linda

Hummingbirds and deer😊

• Christine

The Bengal Tiger is my Power Animal. It came to me during a guided meditation at church in the late 70’s and has stayed with me ever since. What I later remembered is that when I was about 6-7 years old. I earned a lap sized stuffed tiger by saving grocery store receipt tapes. This was in the mid 1950’s.
    As an artist & crafter, I include tigers in some of my creative works, especially the art threapy creations.
    My favorite stuffed animal as a child was a yellow bunny. I still adore bunnies today and have them with me in art around my home.
    When I swim in the pool at our complex, dragonflies come by to visit.

• Tammara

Hmm, for many years believe it was bats. My first encounter with a bat was when I was 5 years old. I have had so many encounters (close to a dozen) with bats – they are found in my house, while I’m outside I see them in the light (close by) and twice had them flying over me while I slept, woke up to the flapping of their wings. Now, the past two to three years, I am seeing lots of bunnies (not normal for me since I live in a City).

• Jana

Swan

• Corinne

Yet again another upheaval in my life. It seems like I can’t find the right job.
    I’ve gone through this for the past 5 years and sure enough I always get birds – pigeons come into my balcony (as much I try to shoo them away..fear of bird droppings)
    They sit and just stare at me never in a hurry to fly off. I do notice they are not around when I am “settled and happy”.
    Today I had a dog literally stick to my side as much as it’s owner kept calling him – so cute

• Ann Gagnon

Thank you Colette for these amazing 🦔 🦓 🦒 animal spirit cards. I’ve had so many experiences with animals appearing at the right time to guide me that it’s hard to choose. I wanted to bring up the idea that animals can often be a visit or message from a loved one. Both times hours before I learned I was pregnant, I saw 2 bald eagles 🦅 🦅 soaring together. ( my parents had both passed ). Another time a few years ago I had a female cardinal show up for the whole winter in Nova Scotia Canada ( we don’t get cardinals here).. it came when my aunt and uncle fell ill. My aunt was the person who gave me my love of birds and nature. She loved cardinals and fed them regularly. On the day of my uncle’s funeral she was unable to attend and the nursing staff said that a big fat male cardinal came and sat for a long time outside the nursing home window. On the morning of her funeral I went for a walk early on the morning and I had a male cardinal fly up to a fence in front of me and then the female and they flew into the trees together. I felt like the universe was telling me they were reunited. A male cardinal showed up outside the church that day. I felt it was my uncle communicating that he was happy we’d taken care of my aunt. Just last week I was walking in woods next to my river and I found a carcass of what I thought was a large insect . I put it on a leaf 🍁 and a few minutes later a beautiful dragonfly landed on my hand. I realized that it was the body of a nymph dragonfly. They are dark and live in water for years before they get out of the water and emerge from their shell and take flight into the light and fly. Did you know that dragonflies form a heart ❤️ shape while mating? I’m in a transformational phase and I took it as a sign to be vulnerable be open and turn towards the light and take what the universe has to offer. I also want to mention that trees and plants are similar to animals in terms of having a spirit meaning. My flower is a sunflower 🌻 again always reminding me to turn towards the light. Did you know that sunflowers 🌻 actually turn themselves during the day stretching for the light? In French that is why they are named “tournesol” translation turn in the soil” ( funny it spelled turn in the soul instead). Thank you for opening up the world of spirit animals to share. I can’t wait to get your cards. Sending you light and love!

• Anonymous

Amazing! Just yesterday an owl flew overhead. Sat on an aerial next door, and I felt like he was watching me. After about 5min of staring each other out, he flew off. Came indoors to see what an owl signifies – and now I’m reading your email.
    Synchronicity. So grateful.

• Sharon

My mother always loved Cardinals. In fact, there was always a pair that nested in the big beauty bush outside the back door of our childhood home and mom always looked forward to their return each year. Mom and dad moved to a condo but never sold the old house. It sat empty with periodic visits from us for 13 years. Mom passed this past June at age 95 after suffering with dementia and the loss of dad three years ago. In September, my brothers and I went to the old house to clean it out and get it ready for sale. September was well beyond the time the cardinals usually remained and yet the entire time we worked on the house, we had a male and female watch us from the beauty bush. We sold the house in mid-September and I told the purchaser about the birds that seemed to be nesting there. I spoke to her the other day and she told me that she has yet to see the cardinals. I want to think that it was Mom and Dad watching over us as my brothers and I cleaned out the house and relived so many wonderful memories.

• Nici

I always come across a blue heron when spirit wants to tell me all in good time, i have so many photos of him on my phone. He always poses and is a real character. Since my nan passed i always have a magpie with me wherever i live and know it’s her keeping an eye. I often see something different at different times butterflies, dragonflies etc. On holidays this year there was a huge green grasshopper just sat on the edge of my doorframe looking at me. Managed to get a picture too. Always makes me smile to see these messengers especially my pal the Heron, coincidentally i am an aquarian and this is our bird 😊😊

• Julie

I live in an amazing place in the middle of a forest. Animals come to us to give birth and also when sick or to die. Sometimes if I’m lucky I get to see deers. Yesterday I saw 3 in a field while on my way to so I stopped to takea photo to send to my daughter who texted me back that I’m the only one who ever gets to seethe deer. This morning as I turned a corner on my way to work the same 3 deer where standing in the middle of the road so I had to stop for them. Think the universe is literally screaming at me to take notice. Might have something todo with the fact I’ve realised my current employment is not for me and looking for something more fulfilling. Bless you all

• Elvera

Oh Colette, I watched the video above on the morning of the 15th and thought , huh, this may be a challenging week. Wow, that’s an understatement. I watched it again just now, and you mentioned the word Vulnerable… That is so true. On Monday evening, the police came over to my house to tell me that my mother has died. I feel like that snake in the card, except with no skin right now. I am so raw with grief and regret for unsaid words, etc. There is so much wisdom in your video above and it truly can only come from Spirit.. Thank you so much for who u r and what u do. Love you much!!!

• Brenda

I had a small black and white bird appear at my window we’re I sit at my desk, pecking away he was.
    I first thought silly thing what’s he doing, so over the next few months he appeared most days, I thought he was hungry. So yes I threw out seed nope not interested
    I think if the little fella could have thrown a brick at me to wake up he would have.
    So as time went by and he was there one morning I said well hello again are you trying to tell me something (I was doing my anchor card at the time)
    So now as I start PM again and only yesterday he appears, I think maybe he’s my spirit animal.
    What a aha moment 🔮
    I don’t have this deck I do however have 2 of WOTO I had one and got one last year, I will look forward to it when I do get it x

• Elvera

Hi Colette, I watched your video above in the morning of Oct 15th and thought, hmmm, this will be a challenging week, little did I know that the police would show up that evening around 9p.m to tell me that my mother died. You mentioned the word vulnerable in this video.. That is an understatement on how I have been feeling. I feel like that snake right now with zero skin, totally raw and my heart exposed. Intense regret for words never spoken to her, go over and over again in my head. As her trustee, there is so much to do now.. Clean her apartment and get things vacated, funeral arrangements, cancel her cable, etc etc.. But like you say in your video, well, like the little mouse says, take things in baby steps, one small thing at a time. Thank you so much for who you are and what u do Colette.

• Colette Baron-Reid

I am so sorry for your loss Elvera. I send you many blessings and a good journey for your mom as she crosses over.

• Anonymous

Thank you sooooo much Colette… Your kind words and your blessings mean the World to me!! Love you so much!!! I know you have been through the loss of your mom too, it’s so much harder then I thought it would be.

• Colette Baron-Reid

nothing prepares us for the loss of our parents. It is deeply personal and transformative as we truly face the truth of mortality in the form we know even though, as a medium I know we don’t really die, we do die to this world and so the pain of loss here is very real.

• Elvera

Thank you so much for your replies Colette, they are very comforting. I was at my deceased mom’s apartment today, crying and boxing up her belongings and guess what I saw all of a sudden walking on her sofa. A giant Wasp!!! Like your Wasp card says, Sometimes life stings!!! Wow, how fitting. Spirit was comforting and mirroring what I was going through , in that Wasp. I learn SO much from you. Thank you again!!! Bless you Colette.

• Laura

I have only just recently became aware that we have animal spirit since learning of your deck. I’ve been very unsure of how I have been feeling lately as I’m starting to notice more and more regarding spirituality. I have lots of people around me who do not like this about me and my point is I found a ladybird crawling up my arm out of nowhere straight away I new this means something for me so I thanked it and it gently flew off. After doing some research I read it means to not be scared to follow your truth and luck and happiness is on your side. I really appreciated this message.

• Colette Baron-Reid

its so beautiful when we recognize that there is truth to these visitations.

• Kelly

I’m beginning to wonder if bat is a totem animal for me. Turtle (or tortoise) has been my power animal for various reasons. I didn’t notice the bats appearing in my life over the past 1-1/2 years until just a few days ago. I just thought they were more around this year. But since I also drew one in a very important Spirit Animal Oracle reading last week, I noticed a lone bat flying over my head on a trail. It’s all related to my beloved soul-dog dying late August and my struggle to let go of her and other attachments related to her. She was my everything and taught me so much. But it seems like Bat is bugging me to let go of my life with her. This is harder than just grieving her, and our life together but also what I thought was my purpose in life – a website/business and non-profit vision.
    I’ve had many animal guides cross my path at life changing times but never understood their full implications until it was too late to respond well. Your new Oracle deck is such a light in the woods. Thank you!!!

• Kelly

I’m beginning to wonder if bat is a totem animal for me now. Turtle (or tortoise) has been my power animal for various reasons. I didn’t notice the bats appearing in my life over the past 1-1/2 years until just a few days ago. I just thought they were more around this year (in No AZ?). But since I also drew one in a very important Spirit Animal Oracle reading last week, I noticed a lone bat flying over my head on a trail a few days later when I was processing letting go of my beloved Lucy. It’s all related to my beloved soul-dog dying late August and my struggle to let go of her and other attachments related to her. She was my everything and taught me so much. But it seems like Bat is bugging me to let go of my life with her. This is harder than just grieving her, and our life together but also what I thought was my purpose in life – a related website/business and non-profit vision that I haven’t been able or willing to work on implementing.

• Terri

My son had just passed a few weeks before and I was given a message: You can be sad but do not be mad. As I left that place I went to sit by the sea, tears streaming down my face. About then a dove came to land near me. When I didn’t pay attention to her, she began to dance about and when I still didn’t pay attention, she made quite a fuss about flying up into the tree near me until I looked and she was staring at me. I realized it was a sign but didn’t know what it meant. Later I found it to be about mourning and motherhood. I still see and hear doves at unusual times.

• Colette Baron-Reid

it also means to be at peace.. and that he is at peace..

• Terri Hylsky

Thank you.

• Manasi

Amazing insight.. maybe you could form an oracle deck around spirit animals and their messages? (if you haven’t already done so.) I’m reading your blog posts after a short while and trust me they have re-inspired me again and pushed me positively. Thanks for being a beacon of light and sharing your wisdom with the world. You rock. xoxo

• Colette Baron-Reid

lol my latest Oracle is Spirit Animal Oracle.. check out amazon or try them out on my website for free