For millennia, we’ve looked to the stars for information and guidance. Our solar system is a powerful place filled with astronomical phenomena; planets and stars, constellations and configurations, all of which affect the Earth and all of us inhabiting it. Where and how can the system of astrology fit into our daily modern life? And, can we use it as a tool to build up our innate abilities?
This week on INSIDE THE WOONIVERSE, I’m speaking with me Colin Bedell – a queer Gemini Twin from Long Island, New York. Colin is a passionate student of secular personal-growth systems, and the universal spiritual themes explored in A Course in Miracles. Colin has penned three books (including Queer Cosmos: The Astrology of Queer Identities and Relationships), is the weekly horoscope writer for Cosmopolitan.com and was listed by Well & Good magazine as one of the most influential people in the wellness industry.
In this conversation, we speak about the connection between astrology and self-acceptance, A Course in Miracles, and astrology as an experience.
***This episode contains salty language from two wonderful mystical pirates. A heads-up that this content might not be suitable for all audience members, especially children.
In this Episode We Talk About:
- Growing up a Queer Gemini Twin from Long Island, NY and moving to the Bible Belt!
- Coming out as a teenager and being supported and unconditionally loved by my family
- Discovering astrology at a young age through my mom and looking up charts on AOL
- The magical door to astrology & self-acceptance: ‘it gave me permission to be exactly who I wanted to be’
- The Queer Cosmos Origin Story & the definition of Queer
- Starting off with astro chart reading using strength based assessments
- The application of psychology on astrological interpretations: healing the mind & achieving accurate self-awareness
- Getting out of fear based thinking with ‘A Course in Miracles’ as a highly individualized spiritual curriculum for healing & personal development
- Let’s talk about the ‘G’ word: Colette & Colin’s stories of finding God & deep faith
- Astrology is not a belief system, it’s an experience
- Colette’s Virgo was broken so she fixed it with a birth chart rectification
- Pulling a card with Colette Baron-Reid & Colin Bedell! Overthinking & Conspiracy Theory Writing
- Discipline & Self-compassion: Colette & Colin’s morning routines & spiritual practices
- Solutions for an uncertain future: Actively clarify your two values and taking the action steps that support your values
- Love makes the world go round 🙂
- Magic Powers & Storm from X-Men
- Magic Potion for Self-worth
- Being a social worker to E.T.
- Going dow dabbit holes about conmen and conwomen on Netflix
- What would Colin do with $10k in one hour?
- What sitcom would Colin live in? (Hint: It’s an Italian family from Long Island 😉
- Colin’s Italian stallion fling
- First Crush Story: ‘I loved a Taurus boy named Alan’
- Embracing the shadow side of Gemini & Ralph(ie) Waldo Emerson
- Who currently inspires Colin & why?
- Old Age vs. New Age Theology
- How to Shape the Stars with Astrology
Episode Bonus Content
- More on Colin’s Masters in Fashion Studies from Parsons School of Design
- Using fashion design theory & and putting an academic lense on Astrology
- If you weren’t a Gemini what Sign would you like to be & why?!
- Gemini sleepover that no one knows about
- Who would you love to give a reading to?
Episode Bonus Content 2
- Astrological Outlook for the rest of 2022!
- Maintaining hope for the future & innovating new goals + new possibilities
- The gifts in Uncertainty: Spirit, Mind & Movement
- Moving from Collective Trauma to Collective Resilience
- Pulling another card with Colette & Colin! Getting unstuck from the stories we tell ourselves, confidence in your own magic & who can we become?!