Welcome to the third episode of I TALK TO DEAD PEOPLE, our limited edition podcast series within the Wooniverse, spotlighting five incredible mediums and the art of mediumship!
Joining us today is world-renowned Spirit Medium Maureen Hancock. Also known as the ‘Comedian Medium’, Maureen is a teacher, holistic healer, and author of the best-selling book, “The Medium Next Door: Adventures of a Real-Life Ghost Whisperer”. Maureen has spent the last twenty-two years demystifying the overwhelming subject matter of death & dying and spends much of her time giving back by assisting those with terminal illness through Hospice.
In this conversation, we speak about Maureen’s childhood illness opening a portal to her mediumship, using humor to heal grief, and recount profound stories of families and friends connecting with each other from the other side.
In this Episode We Talk About:
- Childhood illness & opening the portal to psychic mediumship
- The unbelievable car accident & spontaneous healing story that catapulted Maureen’s abilities even further
- Understanding her new gifts, holistic healing practice & litigation attorney at Logan Airport, Boston during 9-11
- Leaving mainstream job at as a lawyer & starting a Widow’s Group in Boston for healing the spouses of 9-11
- Traveling healer, shrinking tumors and starting a non-profit Cancer Foundation
- Fundraising for the foundation included “Dinner & Drinks with Dead” & “Postcards from Heaven” Dinner & Comedy Show
- The Comedian Medium: Marrying comedy & psychic mediumship
- Using humor to melt the hardness, heaviness & pain so that a strong connection to Spirit comes through
- “It’s not funny!” critics & the comedic aspects of healing and psychic mediumship
- The difference between the Spirit & the Soul and defining Reincarnation & Soul Groups
- Maureen’s son remembering his past life in China
- The privilege of working with children who have passed & grief work with parents
- Medium addiction: teaching people to be their own psychic powers
- Being in your head vs. the feeling state/body when making your own connection to Spirit or “The Hug from Heaven without a Dream”
- Setting safe boundaries with Spirit & “I would never work with Ouija board”
- Have discretion & ethics when reading others and screen for psychological steadiness
- How do you stay in shape, psychically? Bodywork, nature, forest bathing, swimming, family, clean eating & ‘intuition nutrition’ etc…
- Signs in nature: loved ones showing up or giving messages through animals & nature
- Wisdom for anyone who have lost a loved one
- Pulling a card with Colette Baron-Reid & Maureen Hancock!