7 Ways to Make Room for Good
Times are tough for a lot of people right now. I get that’s an understatement but I am fortunate to be able to continue to serve and keep my business doors open so I feel I am in a position of privilege and can help people, and so I am, in any way I can. The other day, I felt moved to send money to an old friend whom I know is out of work right now, just as a gift. We’ve known each other for years and had attended a woman’s group together when I lived in the US full time. She posted on Facebook that this happened to her. So my spidey senses went ding ding and I sent it.
When she received it, she called me and said, “Oh, Colette I can’t believe you did this. Thank you, but I really can’t accept this. I’m good. I just know Spirit is going to look after me. I am really tuning in to manifesting something.”
I paused and thoughtfully said, “Well, how did you think that was gonna happen? Maybe Spirit just told me to send you cash because you’re not working. You’re a single mom with small kids and no job! That is pretty darn good manifesting!”
All she could say was, “…Oh!”
We had a good laugh about it. She was not able to see how Spirit might be moving on her behalf because she expected it to look a certain way or show up a certain way. And when Spirit did move to meet her needs, she almost rejected it because she didn’t recognize it!
That’s why we need to remember that as hard as it may be to believe right now, good is coming from whatever challenges we’re facing right now. When we trust the Universe, opportunities will arise — sometimes from seemingly disparate sources. If we try to control how those opportunities show up, we’re gonna miss them, like my friend who almost missed the blessing that was sent her way.
We need to get out of the Universe’s way and allow serendipity, luck, and good fortune to emerge. Here’s how you can maximize your chances for good to happen:
- Show up. Read what I wrote there: “Show up,” not “Control everything!” Spirit often sends us messages as we least expect it to! For instance, when people join me for my regular Facebook lives ( called the Morning Woo) , we all have an opportunity to know we’re not alone. When you’re open, you might hear something or you might see somebody post something that is going to touch you. Then you’ll say, “Wow, Spirit is speaking through Colette or whoever!”
- Trust. We have to trust that in spite of the temporary conditions, there will be a silver lining, not just in the future, but even right now, today. We don’t need to wait until it’s over and we come out of the darkness. We can find it right now, while we’re in the tunnel. Maybe our fog lights will only show an inch or so in front of us, just to show us the next right action. That’s all we need! And that’s why Oracle Cards are so good. They can direct us to our next right step, one day at a time.
You don’t have to deny the fear. The fear is going to come a little bit. The idea is that we want to have more faith than fear. I turn into Chicken Little 10 percent of the day, then the other 90 percent, I’m good. I work it out, and then I move to faith. Even while we feel fear, we can shift to trust . This and that is true! The two can coexist.
- Distance yourself from the negative. Don’t let scarcity catch you. Fear and scarcity and any negative feelings — they can just be a place you temporarily visit. We always think that our feelings are our facts, but in fact, we’re only visiting those feelings! Because you have the power to go high, high in the sky above it. (I love using my “Get on your bird” meditation for this!). And when you distance yourself from your difficulties, even for a moment, your choices can be very different.
- Look for the good. We keep thinking the pandemic is horrible, chaos, the worst. But what if, when we think about it, we think about it a different way? Maybe it’s an opportunity for community and connection (virtual, but still!). Maybe it’s a chance to rethink what’s important to us and find deeper meaning in our lives. I really believe that it’s an opportunity for more kindness, compassion, and creativity. Again, we’re not denying the bad stuff. People are getting sick. People are leaving this earth. That’s true. It’s also true that wonderful things can still happen.
- Be a channel for providence. We talked earlier about how I showed up to deliver a blessing from Spirit to my friend. We can be the instrument of serendipity for someone else as a higher energy uses you as a force on behalf of the whole world. Everything you bring into being now will leave a wondrous legacy for others in the future. Your service to the world is being supported!
It’s easy to get sucked into our own stuff. But we need to say, “You know what? Yeah, I’m afraid, but that person over there looks like they might need some help,” or “I’m afraid, but hey! I can be there for someone else who’s more afraid, and then we don’t get afraid.”
- Remember you’re not alone. One of the most amazing things about what’s going on is that we’re all going through it together, at the same time, literally everywhere in the world. This is a human journey, one that is bringing us into much-needed change. We don’t know what it will look like, but we can hold space that it will be amazing. We can do this, and we don’t have to do it alone.
- Practice gratitude. It can be hard to feel grateful in the midst of everything that’s happening. But we all have something to be grateful for… for every breath we take, for whatever we do have, for the life we’ve been given, for the opportunity to be together however we can, and to be kind, even if it’s just to one person today. And being kind to yourself counts!
Even though it may look like things are getting worse, I really do feel that there’s something extraordinary coming from all this. I say that not in a “crystal castle in the air” type of way, but in a very practical way. Yes, there’s a windstorm stirring things up. Yes, there are some people who are going to be really adversely affected by this. And that gives us the opportunity to hold space and hold the energy for what’s coming and to help birth the new world we really want. I feel it. I know.
Trust your Higher Power. Trust it, make room for the good, and stay in today, hour by hour and minute by minute.
I love you!