5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Hiring a Psychic!
Updated: October 23, 2012
I my previous blog, “Top 3 Elements of a Reputable Psychic” I talked about how to filter out the great psychics and get the most out of your reading. Now it’s time to look at your own intentions for having a psychic reading.
Many people look at psychics because they want a specific answer to a question. For example, does this guy love me? Please tell me he does. Is this guy coming back to me? Is he The One? Will I marry the man I just met? Am I going to get the job I applied for? We want confirmation for certain things, and we’re looking for results. Sometimes our motives aren’t clear or clean.
We want to hear somebody tell us a particular outcome so that we can keep an attachment to it. We don’t want freewill to take its course and when our reading indicates he is The One, but only to make us grow, we don’t like it.
Before you walk into the room, or pick up the phone to ask about what lies ahead for you, it’s important to ask yourself a few questions so you get the most from your reading.
Take a few minutes, sit in a comfortable chair or go for a serene walk and answer these questions, as honestly as you can.
- Intention: What is my motive for getting a reading?
- Curiosity: Can I go to a psychic out of a state of curiosity? What do I really want to know in my life that I am seeking supernatural power in order to find out?
- Objectivity: What are my attachments? Is there anything I refuse to hear? Am I seeking someone to validate my decision?
- Vulnerability: Do I feel strong enough to hear what their perspective and still make my own decisions?
- Responsibility: At what level am I giving away my power? Will I accept the reading as a true and correct course even if it goes against my own intuition?
- Acceptance: Can I then turn everything over to God regardless of what I hear?
I strongly recommend that you never go to a psychic when you’re feeling super vulnerable and highly suggestible. Be clear and clean about your motives and your role in your decisions and actions.
Have you ever gone to a psychic when you were trying to get an answer about a relationship? Did it help you? Were you able to create the right path for yourself even if it meant you saw the lesson and moved on? I would love it if you could share your stories with us. Please use the Comments section below.
In service and love,